It looks like the next generation Eee PC will sport a larger display, more RAM, and more storage space. No real big surprises there, but it's always nice to hear.
Blogeee appears to have the scoop for the moment, although we should be seeing a press release pretty soon. In the meantime, here's what we can tell from the Blogeee post:
- New model will be be named the Eee PC 900
- 1GB of RAM will be standard (up from 512MB)
- SSD storage capacities of up to 12GB will be available
- The overall size should remain the same since the Eee PC 900 will use the same case as the current 700 series
- The base price will jump from 299€ to 399€, not sure what that means for the US prices as computers usually sell for a bit less in the US.
Update: It looks like Engadget has confirmed the basic specs... and more importantly, they've got a hands on gallery of the new 8.9-inch model. The Asus reps wouldn't let them turn the unit on, so there's no word on what kind of processor this guy is packing or if there's any change in the display resolution.
Update 2: And here's the official announcement from Asus.